Friday, April 17, 2009
C.S. Lewis Quotes
I have been writing a paper on C.S. Lewis and I found so my Quotes from him I just want to share them.
Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither.
C. S. Lewis
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.
C. S. Lewis
A young man who wishes to remain a sound atheist cannot be too careful of his reading.
C. S. Lewis
I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
We are what we believe we are.
C. S. Lewis
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
God is not hurried along in the time-stream of this universe any more than an author is hurried along in the imaginary time of his own novel He has infinite attention to spare for each one of us.
C. S. Lewis
One of our great allies at present is the Church itself…I do not mean the Church as we see her spread out through all time and space and rooted in eternity …All your patient sees is the half-finished, sham gothic erection on their new building estate. Provided that any of those neighbors sing out of tune, or have boots that squeak, or double chins, or odd cloths, the patient will quite easily believe that their religion must therefore be somehow ridiculous.
From Lewis's Screwtape Letters
It does not matter how small the sins are, provided their cumulative effect is to edge the man away form the Light and out into Nothing. Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick. Indeed, the safest road to Hell is the gradual one – the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts.
From Lewis's Screwtape Letters
Pride gets no pleasure out of having something, only out of having more of it than the next man
C. S. Lewis
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment