Friday, July 16, 2010
Summer Life
I have been working up at This is the Place all summer. It has been hard and hot but lots of fun. I love my job and feel sorry for those who don't get the fulfilling relationship between animals and people. The sad thing about that is when the animals you love die, like they did when the Livery burned down. Now that it been over a month since the barn burned life is continuing on as it has before with all the animals. Form this tragedy I have formed stronger bonds with all the animals, especially three little lambs. Also I have been able to learn more about myself.
When I am not working I have given over to laziness. Namely reading more than I should, and actually taking long laps. My one accomplishment is that I have been riding horses more than ever. I rode Tango for the first time (first time doing more than a walk, trot around) and actually did some jumping. I even feel off for my first time gracefully. Did not even get my bum dirty for once. Also we have worked up to 4 1/2 hour trail rides that have left me sore but happy. There is nothing better than being on top of a mountain, completely alone (except two horses and mom), with a 360* view of everything and no civilization in sight.
This summer I have been more alone than ever. I have been moving from house to house (Grandparents to parents homes), going to a new ward, and making new friends at work. As bonds form slowly. I have realized just how much I like being independent. I love finding my own way and I have found I can make it on my own. I am ready for Snow College and I leave in a little over a month. I hope that I can stay strong and positive.
Jeffry R Holland said and I repeat. “Don’t give up, boy[/girl]. Don’t you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead—a lot of it... You keep your chin up. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh that's sad about the livery :( But it sounds like you're having fun. You'll do awesomely at Snow. I love that quote by Elder Holland. Love ya Lacy! If you ever need anything, let me know-really :)
Post a Comment